Saturday 2 January 2010

52 project

So those who know me will no doubt know that I love my photography. It started March 2009 when I was asked through work to attend a dedicated photography/ imaging show called focus on imaging. During my time working on the company stand I came into contact with a number of photographer, both amateurs and pros. Now I am not one to be easily inspired as I can become quite disillusioned at times, but I have to say that some of the photos I saw where exceptionally inspirational. So much so that I wanted to have a go.

With this in mind, I set about the learning process and justifying the considerable outlay needed to get my first DSLR. I also was fortunate to get a photography course paid for by my company as the alot of the technical aspects were applicable to my job. So 9 months later and I have a much more solid understanding of the principles and practices of photography. Which leads me on to my new challenge. I have decided to partake is a 52 a year project. For those who don't understand the principle it is simple. I take one photo every week for a year on a subject that is chosen at random by a member of a photography forum that I visit. It is apparently a fantastic way in which to improve your photography skills and at this point (week one) I am really up for.

So I will be posting my photos on this very blog as a means of centralising the whole project. The first weeks subject is "Curved" which sounds easy but already I am umming and arhing about a creative way of interpreting the word. Hopefully the project really will help me create some images to be proud of, time will tell. Wish me luck :-)

1 comment:

life of D said...

Wishing luck already - not in photography, but in maintaining this blog.

I for one do value to feel or self importance, life is and always has been about me! (you will learn young Jedi)

I look forward to not only reading your posts but seeing the photos as this inspires me to try harder, which in turn pushes you to do better - see all about me ;)